Music Banter - View Single Post - School Flips Out Over Gun Shaped Pop Tart. Suspends 7 Year Old.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
There was another story of a guy who was raised to not hit a girl, even though the girl was bullying him. After a while, the principal told him he should stand up for himself, so the guy punched the girl in the nose, and got suspended for a week. I don't like the fact that if someone is told they should stand up for themselves, the result is negative either way. That's probably why a lot of people are afraid to stand up for themselves.
Besides, I don't think there's any other logical response at times. I can probably count the number of times that words would have saved me from bullying on one hand. There's a hierarchy to school and life in general and if you can't properly navigate it then you are at the bottom. And violence seems to be an integral part of the school hierarchy.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote