Music Banter - View Single Post - Honey Vibezzz Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
CLOSER
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
As far as the echo, in either scenario, I'd EQ the reverb/delay itself so that the signal is not reverberating or delaying the higher frequencies. I'd also do a band sweep on the vocals to find that nasally, bathroom sound and cut about 3 or 4 decibels with a narrow Q, assuming it's coming from the vocals and not the reverb/delay. Basically, with a narrow (low) Q, you just bring up the level of that band and sweep around in the mid to upper mid frequencies on your EQ to find this offending frequency, then one you dial it in, bring the level down so that it's in negative territory, versus positive. Making that cut will take some of that bathroom sound you have in the vocals, which will make them sound smoother and less out of place with the tone of the song.

I love you a little.

Ok thanks for that, I am eagerly noting it all. And really do appreciate it!
To be honest what if we went the other way and wanted a bathroom-y vibe. Just to play the ass.. only because the way I recorded the vocals was with my two hands like a tunnel over my mouth to create a clouded sound...and I think that's the disconnect from the rest of the track.
CLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote