Music Banter - View Single Post - If you don't have something good to say...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
I really don't see a problem stating a negative opinion if it's constructive. I believe it's still contributing to the vision of the artist/s in question. A positive always comes out of a negative and vice versa. Are you talking about a problem because generally your opinions stated often turn out negative? You could view that as a thought-provoking way how musicians could better themselves which often gives a stronger emphasis of it. It's really how you look at it and what are the benefits of giving a negative opinion, if that's where you lead. People, when it comes down to it, take offence themselves and I don't really see that as being your problem. I guess that's what it comes down to, perspective, and if you're struggling with negativity perhaps questioning your attitude might help (not saying that in a negative sense).
No, you're right. I'm like 90 percent negative.
If I actually posted everything I thought on these forums, I would have been de-modded and banned a long time ago.
Do I think it's a problem? Well, not when I'm not posting negatively. But I do think some of my negativity could be constructive.
I just don't think most people are ready for it.