Music Banter - View Single Post - Honey Vibezzz Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOSER View Post
Hmm you're sort of like an instant human music-wiki.
Do you work on music yourself?

When I isolate each track there is an endearing aspect of the sticks falling or me moving the chairs, or even the whispers of another conversation that serve as the eclectics I would say. Will probably re-record the keys and guitar on GB and may even try and ask my friend to limit the range of sound on the kit.

Thanks for sharing di knowledge.
Yes, I do. Since '99, although probably not as seriously until around 2006 in terms of mixing, mastering & sound design.

And as far as those phantom recorded sounds, those can be quite great! You have to decide which of them gives something to the song, and which do not. It's about a discerning ear more than it is about a proven technique, but it's ultimately about whether you think it's right for your song, and whether that vision comes out in the final product.
If you think something needs to be re-recorded, make sure you actually think that based on your concept of the song, rather than a strict guideline that may not apply in context. Definitely try to fix small errors in the mix prior, but if you know it needs to be re-recorded, then that's what you do.
Just ask yourself what it is you're trying to achieve, and go for that.

In context with the song you posted, I personally felt like just a couple things needed to be fixed, which I outlined. I won't profess to know your vision there, but as an outsider, those were the things I noticed. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, that may or may not be of importance, but I would posit that no matter what your goal, you should express it, but not at the expense of the listener, unless you're only making the music for yourself, in which case you can go buck wild!