Music Banter - View Single Post - Honey Vibezzz Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOSER View Post
I strap my own creativity when I begin to micro manage each track... it's the bane of my existence. Working with new musicians, I often hear arguments of today being the age of independent production. There is almost a stigma with sending work to be mastered because of an unfounded fear that the vision is lost - or loses its authenticity. At the same time I believe spectacular production really is the key between mediocrity and magnificence.. regardless of how amazing the song is. Also learning that less is truly more when striving for ambient sounds....
I agree. Different ears and techniques on a project offer a different perspective. And I don't know anyone who just makes music for themselves, so such a thing is highly beneficial, especially when at the hands of someone who at least has some experience highlighting the positives of a project and minimizing the negatives, as per an opinion outside the subjectivity of the original artist that wishes to appeal to someone other than themselves, in general.