Music Banter - View Single Post - The Doors vs. Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
deadkennedysmeetstheclash
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King
Meh, I say The Doors....
Floyd did have alot more albums...but its quality not quantity.
The Doors wouldn't have had any more albums even if Jim would've lived, because he hated his rock stardom after a while and wanted out, and he wanted to be a poet.
I dunno, I love both bands, but The Doors are it for me, Jim is a legend and always will be...he was/is the best frontman Rock has ever seen and probably ever will see....and he was a GREAT song writer.
Ray Manzerak was a good keys player...and it added originality to the band...
Robby Krieger had a very original guitar style, and made alot of The Doors songs sound really great like "Moonlight Drive"....
John Densmore wasn't that great so I wont say anything about him....
I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you..I don't believe Jim was the best frontman rock has ever seen. Just because the underground scene loved him to bits, doesn't mean everyone did. And you can't say 'ever will see' because we've seen better front men than him already. IMO and you can argue but I belive both Freddy and Alice better frontman than Jim. Freddy was also a better singer. Yes, he was a great songwriter but so was Barret, and Waters/Gilmour partnership. Pink Floyd win IMO, Floyd were just so innovative, an dtheir music like Felix said just gives me chills especially 'comfortbaly numb.' They were just made better, more accesible music.
deadkennedysmeetstheclash is offline   Reply With Quote