Music Banter - View Single Post - The European football thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #149 (permalink)
Face
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
Had the Madrid player came into the contact differently and Nani had made the exact same movement but caught him differently and broke his leg, we'd all be on here saying the red was deserved.

The idea is to prevent broken legs not punish the challenges once legs have been broken.
Exactly, Nani caught him in the chest, it could just as easily have been the face. It WAS dangerous, if you have your foot that high, moving that fast, with the studs up and you haven't checked in front of you then it's YOUR responsibility because it IS dangerous.

Not a certain red, but a very fair decision to give it as such. A yellow would have been passable but soft. I think if it had happened in the last ten minutes there would be far less backlash about it, because football has a certain leeway for the affect the red would have on the result. But if oyu look at it as an isolated incident I think 80% of referees would give a red, 20% a yellow.

Welbeck was the best player for me, he actually asked questions of their defense and created space.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote