Music Banter - View Single Post - Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #83 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Its nothing a good genocide wouldn't cure.

But in all honesty, the site has problems. Specifically that a strong collection of its uses are terribly closed-minded - and doubly-worse when these individuals believe themselves to be more intelligent, thoughtful, and eclectic.

You joke that I'm bringing the boards to a higher position via Mackelmore, because for a lot of people here that sounds absurd. How could someone so meatheaded do anything but bring the discourse lower?

But the only true about exploring things is that you've either been somewhere or you haven't. And where people don't go - whether its mountain tops or swamplands - is irrelevant. If you want to progress you need to search everything, and you need to get good at scavenging for the quality portions of what you're digging through.

If people want to stay in their preference-bubble, I have no problem with that, so long as they understand a few things:

1. If you're only listening to what you like, then you're limited

2. Just because you like something doesn't make it good

3. Nor does it make other things bad

4. Disliking something because your cultural mores suggest you shouldn't is a terrible way to go through life.

To clarify, if your friends would think less of you for exploring music you need to get better friends, or they need to listen to a broader range of music. I'm living beyond good and evil my friend, and I'd thank you to not force your Christian-trappings of us vs. them on the rest of the good people of Musicbanter.

I've understood all that from the beginning. Perhaps your plight is with someone else. And you might wanna heed some of your own advice because I feel as if you fall into the same trappings you're trying to avoid. I have plenty of discussion with people that enjoy the same style of music I also enjoy. I think the difference in us might be that I don't feel the need for my music to be accepted or appreciated.

I guess I don't grasp the analogy that its us against them either or vice versa, its just another board made for discussion of music, i'm not here to write a thesis or change the World. Best of luck with that.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote