Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Yes Album
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #179 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonics View Post
Read it. Wow, I envy you your experience, for sure. I was yet to be born, but couldn't at least my parents have seen them live in their heyday? Lousy taste in music is to be blamed. :p

Here's the stage I was describing

http://yesmuseum.org/images/stageCircus-Sept76.JPG

While we're on the topic, how about rating the solo albums? Nearly without exception people will rate either Anderson's Olias of Sunhillow or Squire's Fish Out Of Water #1, the other will be #2. That is my order, I love FOOW but OoS is one of my favorite albums ever made

...but Squire's isn't far behind

...after that it's a helluva drop to Moraz's Story of I, the high points of that album marginally outnumber the low points, but there is some unbegoddamnlievably idiotic shyte off that fecking album ("Saturday makes the week"....*barf*)

Steve Howe's Beginnings never gets that stupid, but it never gets off the ground either. It's just a bleah, boring album

Alan White's "Ramshacked" is a fecking mess. White doesn't know the first flippin' thing about songwriting, it's just a bunch of guys playing instruments. The only reason this album was made is because the other 4 were. There is utterly no reason at all for this album to exist.

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 03-06-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: I'll fix the image when I get home from work
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote