Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #69 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOSER View Post
I really do suggest you nip it in the bud, nowI was Hungry, Angry and Sleepy... lets say over a week of rarely any sleep after dwelling on stressful pieces of my life. (Yes I made an acronym for it in order to keep in check the reasons why my mind may get away from me.)

that's a very proactive approach closer. cheers.

i do similar things, but this is like streamlining the process and i think i will adopt something similar, so thanks for that idea (the acronym).

i also agree that stimulation is key. real stimulation, though. people are always going to be animals. we're sort of departing from a time when fretting really did mean that death was possibly imminent. a whole sh*tload of our animal instincts have become useless, but we can't get rid of them. now we have "1st world problems" and because all our time isn't taken up by surviving in a hardcore manner we have too much space for mental invention... i suspect that much of people psychological problems stem from this... that we aren't actually fully equipped to be "modern man." so to me food, friends and family, shelter, sex, and lots of physical activity helps me feel good. just all the animal stuff, really. we're not geared to be idle.

i'm not blanketing psychology by any means here. i do believe some people have some things mixed up inside them that can only be attributed to natural selection. so please don't assume that i mean to call everyone contributing to this thread an idle person. but this is how i look at myself... and i do it because i used to try and figure out why i'm going through what i'm going through. now i focus on going through what i want to go through, and although that comes with its own unique set of hurtles, they're nothing compared to trying to keep running while jumping over the obstructions of self-diagnosis.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote