Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #13022 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

A Separation

2011 winner of Best foreign Language Film from Iran that deals with a married couples choice to separate because the husband won't flee the country without his aged father who has Alzheimer's and the repercussions of that decision. This is a very important film. It really should have been nominated along with the other best picture nominees last year due to its message and just flat out heartbreaking performances. It's as real as you can ever get when dealing with the impending death of one person and the accidental death of another. The film deals with so many issues...honesty, depression, death, and what is considered being alive or being dead. I seriously urge people to see this film. It's extremely heavy and at times tough to get through but you'll be rewarded with an experience that'll truly make you think.

5/5

Ran

Akira Kurosawa's ode to Shakespeare's King Leer was an epic beyond proportion. The costumes and directing is some of the best I've ever seen. I read that Kurosawa story boarded the whole film ten years prior to shooting and that each scene and shot has a gorgeous painting to go along with it. When you have a whole film full of paintings you know you have something beautiful. The story was familiar to me after reading King Leer but the movie was great to watch simply because a directing legend was behind the camera. Great film.

4.5/5

High Noon

I was disappointed by this. As I get into more westerns I've kept finding this at the top of all time lists. Nothing really happened until the end. I'm a fan of slow burns but there really wasn't much story involved in the build up. Disappointing.

2.5/5

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Last edited by Exo; 03-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote