Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #22400 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Can someone explain to me how the **** is this happening? Please.

TEARS FROM HEAVEN - Jesus Tears of Oil & Blood ACTUAL NEWSMEN FOOTAGE - YouTube
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the "tear" itself was only verified by eyewitness account that, at least in the video, did not factor in external cause. For instance, since the statue was in a room, could water or condensation have dripped from the ceiling onto the face unnoticed and, via gravity, formed downward as a droplet resembling a tear?
The "eyewitness" speaks from a perspective of people being near it and intentionally putting water on the statue, however, he does not address any sort of natural cause, like a leaky ceiling.

Secondly, I noticed that he wiped "blood" off the other side of the face, which was presumably a second incident, because it's the other side of the face. He assumed it was blood, when it could have been the red residue that is clearly all over the statue to begin with, liquified via plain old water droplets and rubbing off onto the white cloth.
But interestingly, we have a person collecting samples of that residue and sending it off to a lab.
The first lab says it contains human DNA. Obviously, this statue was handled before, and probably contains traces of human DNA. Such a test to determine whether there is human DNA on the statue is like being surprised that there is human DNA on any particular object that comes into human contact.
The second DNA test, however, seems to say that it is blood. While I'm more apt to believe that part was added in by the documentary team to add weight to an assumption, even if it WAS human blood that was wiped off due to water dripping on it, it still does not provide any evidence other than the fact that there was human blood on the statue to begin with.

So, in the context of just what we were shown in the video, we can either come to a conclusion based on filling in the gaps with our own baseless assumptions, or realistic probabilities. It's ultimately up to you to decide.