Music Banter - View Single Post - For Real Music Lovers
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

i grew up listening to the old storytelling country artists, and 70s rock/metal. when i got old enough to listen to music of my choice, i listened to metal, i like the aggression in it. then i found punk, which had the agression without the fairytales of demons and whatnot. it was something i felt i could relate to more: the struggles of the working class, the corruption of the powers that be, the idea of equality. Ive been playing in bands since i was 15. the first few gigs were parties and i was nervous, not that i was going to mess up, i knew the songs, i was more nervous that ppl werent going to like it. we were playing with bands that had alot more talent, but were playing whatever style was popular at the time and we werent. that feeling went away as soon as i moved to phx where there are tons of punk bands. My first big show was with UK Subs when i was about 17 and i think i was in such awe that i didnt get a chance to get nervous. since then ive had the chance to play with alot of bands that i listened to so just being able to meet these bands and hang out and talk about influences and favorite albums is a cool experiance.