Music Banter - View Single Post - My Music Journal (and many other things)
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Key

Dookie was a fantastic album to listen to again. A lot of good memories came with that album.

Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness

Next up is a familiar name, Rise Against. Funny thing is, the only song I ever heard from this album is "Ready To Fall", so listening to this album as a whole is an entirely new experience for me, but it's definitely doing it's job with keeping me entertained. If I was as open minded back then as I am right now, this album would have had more plays by me, unfortunately I mostly followed what was going on in mainstream radio, hell who didn't. This band still does have that familiar sound which I like, and they have the potential to be a band that I will listen to regularly. I get the same feeling with familiar songs as most do, it gives me goosebumps, because it comes with a bit of nostalgia and makes me feel like a kid again. It's strange how music can do that. It definitely proves the theory that music will never die as long as you listen to what you like.

So yeah, my favorite song is still Ready To Fall, though Prayer of the Refugee is a fantastic song as well.