Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #13028 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Hitchcock

I enjoyed this. Hopkins and Mirren were fantastic as always. I might be biased due to myself being a big Hitch fan but I thought it was well done and certainly worth a watch. Hopkins outside the theater on opening night of Psycho made me giggle. It was awesome.

3.5/5

Damsels in Distress

As somebody put it in a short review, "it's like a feature length Gilmore Girls episode that's gone horribly wrong". That could be taken two ways but I actually ended up liking this movie. It was quirky and funny and I honestly think Greta Gerwig is going to be the next Tina Fey or Amy Poeler (sp?). There were SO many stupid characters in here but that was the point and once you accepted the silliness of the movie the comedy presented itself to you. I watched it free on demand so if you have those kind of services then check it out.

3.5/5

The Loved Ones

Holy sh*t!

What a crazy ****ing movie. One of the more unique horror films you're going to see now a days. It also continued my theory that Australia is pumping out some of the best horror/psychological thrillers of the past decade. They seriously know how to do it. I'm going to be watching everything they have to offer now because this is like the 4th or 5th horror film from them in the last two years that has been utterly fantastic. Check this one out.

4/5

Last edited by Exo; 03-09-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote