Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 5 Favorite Indie Rock Albums of the Past Decade
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #103 (permalink)
Roxannah
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Ok then. I get what you're saying - don't get me wrong, there were songs on A Weekend on the City that I really liked ("The Prayer," "On," "I Still Remember") but overall I don't think it's as good as their other albums. I ought to relisten to it and maybe I'll find out why it could be someone's favorite. xD
a friend of mine was telling me the other day how his Bloc Party favourite album was A Weekend In The City before i even mentioned it. that means there's at least two of us in the world yeah, give it a go. maybe you'll find something that appeals more to you this time. then again, maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
I actually also love A Weekend In The City. It's one of the rare albums that didn't go well with the critics or the fans, but I surprisingly really enjoyed it. Worthy follow up to Silent Alarm. And then Intimacy was released... Biggest disappointment of my life.
surprisingly, i also love Intimacy. i agree it was quite an unexpected album but it grew on me over the time and i reckon it's a solid album. i can see why it would be considered a disappointment, though.
Roxannah is offline   Reply With Quote