Music Banter - View Single Post - I need serious advice
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

First of all I am very sorry about your mother's cancer diagnosis. I don't believe I said that when you originally posted that so I just want to rectify that. I hope she beats it, I really do.

Onto your brother... His progression into theft is where I would have drawn the line and it's where I would have cut him loose. I understand here's your brother, but stealing from charity is one of the most despicable acts one can do. As for what you can do, well... he needs to hit his bottom, and that will be impossible while he's still living under his parents roof. There's two outcomes, he hits his bottom and it scares or disgusts him enough into getting his shit together, or he keeps on keeping on and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. Addiction is one of the most insidious things, especially when it's a family member and someone you care about. But if he's bringing drugs into the house, smoking it indiscriminately, and showing absolutely zero empathy for the people he's living with, it's time to throw him to the wilds. Hopefully he'll hit his bottom sooner rather than later, but regardless of whatever good intentions you do, from the sounds of things they're going to go to waste.

I'm really sorry for your situation though.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote