Music Banter - View Single Post - I need serious advice
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
First of all I am very sorry about your mother's cancer diagnosis. I don't believe I said that when you originally posted that so I just want to rectify that. I hope she beats it, I really do.

Onto your brother... His progression into theft is where I would have drawn the line and it's where I would have cut him loose. I understand here's your brother, but stealing from charity is one of the most despicable acts one can do. As for what you can do, well... he needs to hit his bottom, and that will be impossible while he's still living under his parents roof. There's two outcomes, he hits his bottom and it scares or disgusts him enough into getting his shit together, or he keeps on keeping on and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. Addiction is one of the most insidious things, especially when it's a family member and someone you care about. But if he's bringing drugs into the house, smoking it indiscriminately, and showing absolutely zero empathy for the people he's living with, it's time to throw him to the wilds. Hopefully he'll hit his bottom sooner rather than later, but regardless of whatever good intentions you do, from the sounds of things they're going to go to waste.

I'm really sorry for your situation though.
Thanks for the wishes towards my mother. All signs point to her kicking the **** out of that cancer. I appreciate the kind words.

I also completely agree with you on the whole issue of rock bottom. I just don't know if I can actually get myself to let him go. Of all the ****ty things he's done I still love him completely. I honestly believe that my brother has two personas. One of them is a loving caring person and the other is a ****ing scumbag drug addict. I need to kill it before it kills my brother. I'd hate myself if I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Honestly, there's nothing you can do, like Pete said he's gonna have to hit bottom for anything to happen and you can't forcibly institutionalise him or anything

sorry this is happening to you though
Thanks Herm. My mother was talking about sending him to rehab for the weed. I said that was silly. 15 year old girls go to rehab for weed. My brother needs serious therapy. We've already began the search for a good doctor. If he doesn't get better with serious therapy then I think we're going to have to kick him out.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote