Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is The Best Way To Lose Weight?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post

Basically, I used to do weights at the gym with a small amount of cardio thanks to a wonderful trainer. During that time I got back down to 54kg and was looking healthy. I have lost all my muscle now and that is something I would really like to change. I do have a lot of excess fat on my stomach, do you think weights/crunches will help that? I'm sure I can benefit from a little bit of weight loss just to give me my stomach less to turn into muscle. I am however no expert so I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks for the lovely comments. I am wanting to lose weight for health reasons and because I have a petite frame, a reasonable weight gain is very noticeable on me. I have two medical conditions that require a healthy diet with not too much dairy, wheat or fats. At this point I can't afford to go gluten free, but it hasn't been proven yet that wheat causes my health problems. Stress seems to be the main factor.
Well this is how it works generally. If you want to gain muscle you need to up your protein/carbs and lift heavier with lower reps. If you want to tone up then simply eat healthier (one can ALWAYS eat healthier) and do less weight with higher reps.

Regarding abs..Everyone has them, EVERYONE. Just some peoples are hidden by fat. Thats why you see super skinny guys who weight what most females do with a defined 6 pack. The key to getting them to show is by not only doing ab excersizes ( I would be happy to send you links to some) but primarily diet. If one is doing even minimal ab work but eats very healthy abs will show. I have never really seen mine because I do not eat healthy enough. They have gotten much stronger and I work them out nearly every day but because I eat to much fat in my diet they enjoy staying hidden. Also having less carbs will help wiith definition, hence why bodybuilders go super low carbs before shows.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote