Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is The Best Way To Lose Weight?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Well this is how it works generally. If you want to gain muscle you need to up your protein/carbs and lift heavier with lower reps. If you want to tone up then simply eat healthier (one can ALWAYS eat healthier) and do less weight with higher reps.

Regarding abs..Everyone has them, EVERYONE. Just some peoples are hidden by fat. Thats why you see super skinny guys who weight what most females do with a defined 6 pack. The key to getting them to show is by not only doing ab excersizes ( I would be happy to send you links to some) but primarily diet. If one is doing even minimal ab work but eats very healthy abs will show. I have never really seen mine because I do not eat healthy enough. They have gotten much stronger and I work them out nearly every day but because I eat to much fat in my diet they enjoy staying hidden. Also having less carbs will help wiith definition, hence why bodybuilders go super low carbs before shows.
Wow thanks! I can see the top half of my abs, I'm lucky to have curves in the right places. But the second part of my stomach/abdominals needs the most work. I will definitely up the anty with eating more vegetables and fruit. I think I need to eat more fish as it contains an excellent source of protein and good fats. A link to some exercises that you recommend would be appreciated.

That's great that you work out your abs everyday, are you particularly interested in them showing?