Music Banter - View Single Post - You Know What Grinds My Gears?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #260 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Resurrecting this thread cos I just forgot about two things that really piss me off...

1. Asterisks that go nowhere. The idea of using an asterisk (*) is that it's a pointer to another line somewhere in the text or article that tells you what it means or refers to. Stuff like (not included in offer) or (only available today) or even (special edition), you know the sort of thing. But when I come across an asterisk that is not at all clear and then there is no explanation of what it is, it drives me mad! I mean, why put it there? To confuse people? For artistic merit? I'm not talking about ones where a line BEFORE the asterisk explains what it is, like in many Wiki entries you'll have something like "all songs written by X unless marked" --- THAT's ok. But an asterisk that appears and has no note to explain what it means bugs the hell out of me. It's like a mystery that will never be solved, like reading a book and finding the last page is missing or watching something on TV that cuts off just as the best part is about to show. GAAAHHH!

2. "Search online for..." You lazy ****s! If you're not even going to bother giving me a URL I can go to, why the **** would I waste my time searching for your product to make YOU richer! If you can't be bothered, don't expect me to be.

Humph!
************************************************** ************************************************** **********
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote