Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is The Best Way To Lose Weight?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Yeah you have really piled the pounds on ffs.

I am sorry but I get so damn annoyed by this obsession of many women to maintain a low weight ratio to the point that they become paranoid or ill.

Why do you want to lose weight? To appeal to the opposite sex? To feel more attractive (that is your issue and not how others see you btw)? Health issues?... I don't get it seriously.

Your weight/height ratio for a woman is almost underweight IMO and I just don't get this pre occupation with wanting to look like a head on a stick with two aspirins on an ironing board for boobs that so many women think they should ascribe too.

I have no problems with anyone wanting to take care of their health and eat healthy but if you think you are overweight?

When your BMI reaches well over 25 then maybe worry and even then even if it is below 30 there is no need to worry.
I completely understand your reaction, but my BMI got over 25. It is now 23. At 48kg it was 18 which is still within the normal range. I have a perfectly normal self esteem and do not want to look like a stick, I just want to rid excess fat by converting it to muscle. It's for health reasons. Yes I will feel better about myself but honestly it's no different for a large number of women. Yes we are emotional creatures and many take it to the extreme but I don't follow diet fads, I don't starve myself I just want a healthier lifestyle.