Music Banter - View Single Post - Fav rock time period?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #110 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropThaSystem View Post
Yes, we definetly have the same musical likings. Every era of music is special in a way, though. I agree that the 80's had quite a lot of a variety to choose from. I enjoy 80's Hair Metal a lot. I don't mind music in the oldies era, either. Y'know, stuff like old "hillbilly" country. There were some good singers in that era.
The 80s, as I am sure that you and most everybody else already knows launched MTV videos as well. I pretty much liked the hair/glam rock era too. Skid Row being one of the last of the hair bands I was listening to right before the 90s. Bands like Tears for Fears, Cure, Duran Duran, (New Wave, etc) are among favorites from the 80s also.

I actually at one time was into Traditional Country. Merle Haggard, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Hank Williams Jr, and the list just goes on. Contemporary Country and artist like Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Billy Currington, and Zac Brown are a few worth mention.

My favorite era and style has always been 70s Funk/R&B/Soul. The music itself (70s Funk) resonates a more "uplifting" vibe and mood for me personally in comparison to some of the other genres, styles, and eras. The Isley Brothers, Brothers Johnson, LTD, AWB, Rick James, Funkadelic/Parliament, and Earth, Wind, & Fire are just to name a few. At the same time I also enjoy 70s Progressive and Blues Rock too.

Nice talking to ya DropThaSystem, Take Care.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote