Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse
Thread: Modest Mouse
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
exclamation
Groupie

It's not that other people's opinions matter...it's that when a band becomes popular...they start to play bigger venues. They start to play at places that have balconies or where you have to sit on the lawn...and ticket prices sky rocket. I just saw Modest Mouse this past weekend and paid $35 (including ticket fees to seem them) I saw them four years ago, and paid $10..no fees. That's a huge difference. Merchandise also gets more expensive. And when I saw them last Saturday...when they played Float On, everyone around me started to freak out and dance and sing along. But for every other song, I think it was about one other person besides myself that was dancing and singing along to every song played. So that is what matters. Not that everyone likes it too...they just ruin it for the people that liked them all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
If a band you like has a popular song and the "teenies" catch on, you will be called a sellout. It doesn't matter. Just be happy with the music you like, and don't worry too much about other people's opinions.
exclamation is offline   Reply With Quote