Music Banter - View Single Post - Is there any good metal anymore?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Answer: When I was 13 I almost exclusively listened to metal and then I realized that other music was worthwhile. I already loved The Cure but metal led me to punk and then to bands that were not either of those but still sort of heavy i.e. Jane's Addiction. Then I realized that I loved Violent Femmes and Public Enemy (who had worked with Anthrax) and then I liked Stone Roses and Ride and Sonic Youth and Pavement and then I realized that people who only liked metal were silly and unfashionable but I still liked metal. Your question seems pretty ignorant really. Where were you in the 80s and 90s?
Your answer could apply to any kind of music. But nothing really suggests metal being a gateway more than other genres of music.

As for where I was, in London most of the time.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote