Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #22482 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Managed somehow to catch up on some sleep. I've had the worst insomnia imaginable of late. It had been to the point that sleep deprivation was negatively affecting me in extreme ways. I kept seeing things moving out of the corner of my eye, everything looked weird, I couldn't think properly, and words had a funny way of tumbling out of my mouth without me realizing I'd spoken. I had several minor panic attacks. That was, you know, seven days of a combined eight hours of sleep or so.

I'd been exhausted. I'd try to sleep, any moment it felt like I might be able to go to sleep, I jumped on it. This usually culminated in me laying in bed for six hours with my eyes closed, never actually drifting off. Occasionally, I'd pass out for an hour or so, only to be awakened by my alarm and the necessity to go to work. One night, it got to the point that I feared I'd forgotten how to go to sleep. That's, for the record, not the best thought in the world to cross your mind. It certainly cued an anxiety attack.

It had gotten to the point that I was afraid I was going to have to go to the hospital. But, yeah. Saturday night after work, I laid down to go to sleep, and sleep came. I woke up feeling fantastic. I slept from 10pm to almost 2pm, but I felt amazing.

I'm glad that I can apparently sleep properly-ish now. I didn't want to be sleep-deprived when I have my three days of four hour wrestling workouts starting next Sunday, followed by my match I'm booked for next Saturday.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote