Music Banter - View Single Post - Personal Albums
Thread: Personal Albums
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Default Personal Albums

Well, I've been thinking lately that there are a bunch of amazing albums out there that everyone seems universally praise, and they also happen to be common favorite albums of all time. You know, like "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea", "Dark Side of The Moon", "Pet Sounds", "Loveless", (ect.) which are pretty great, but with so much praise, and it's status so well known it's hard to think of an album like that as personal.

So, the point of this thread is to bring to attention albums that are more or less gems in your eyes, ones that you've found, kept, and constantly played because of some connection between you, and the music. You may not know why, but it really means something to you, and you're glad it exists.

Oh, and I would really appreciate a summary as to why an album is what it is to you whether it be a story, or general feelings. So, let's get this started.

Lilys - Eccsame The Photon Band

For those of you that know me, this should be no surprise. I don't even know where to begin with this album, I've been listening to it on and off for about 5 years, and for me to stay with an album that long is exceptionally odd. Something about it keeps me coming back, it makes me calm, it brings about unknown feelings in me I still don't understand. I can trace my love for this album back to when I would walk about, whether I had a destination or not, this album seemed to get played a lot when I went out. I really liked the look of the woods I have around where I live, especially when it was coated with fog, and for some reason I have that exact mental image play whenever I listen this album. It's a tad lonely, but it's really cozy, and mysterious feeling. It just feels right, it feels like if I existed in sound, I would be there, with it's slightly quirky moments poking through.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote