Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Adrift On the Sea of No Wave: Part III

DNA: A Taste of DNA EP

I clearly remember listening to this a while back and wondering what the fuck I'd just listened to. I sort of remember it as sounding like Michael J. Fox had taken the Delorean back to 1980 and recorded an art rock album. Bam. That's two jokes for the price of one. Having listened to a bit of it for the last few minutes, I don't think I was wrong. It's definitely spastic and random sounding. It actually sorta sounds like the missing link between art rock and grindcore. Except far more random. I find it intriguing, but I really have no idea whether or not I like this. I need to give this a deeper listen....

...I actually dig the vocals. They're as deranged and spastic as the music, but they don't sound as nihilistic as one might imagine. They're actually rather fun. Of course, he could be "singing" about eviscerating puppies for all I know since it's pretty much impossible to hear what he's actually saying. After a while I still don't know whether or not I like this. I'm gonna give this a day as well, but I think that I'm gonna be sort of meh on this album...

Ah screw it. I don't feel like giving this another day, so I'm just gonna do it now. There's some good parts to the one to two minute songs, but much of it just sounds like random noise thrown together just for the sake of being obtuse. Fun for a few minutes until it all devolves into noise, but other than that I could care less. Maybe if I really liked grindcore it would be different. If you're an arty farty fuck who likes his/her arty fartyness as unlistenable as possible then this might be up your alley. Me, I might give this a try some other day, but for now I'm gonna steer clear.

Spoiler for Click, don't click, I don't really care.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote