Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #11301 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Has anyone here's parents divorced?

My mum and dad are threatening divorce n it has come up a few times recently, I don't know if they're just saying this or if it'll actually happen. I can't take the stress of constantly crying over them if they're going to stay together. It devastates me each time it comes up and I wish they would just make their mind up.

What was it like for you ?
For me, it was awesome. I lived with both of them at different points. I liked it because my mom was way less restrictive than my dad, so I got all my fun experiences from living with my mom. That was the time where I was in bands and all that during the high school years. Good times. (also it alleviated years of constant bickering and being at odds in front of us as we were kids. Sometimes it got pretty hectic)

Eventually they got re-married, but that was well after I had left home and went out on my own. Looking back, when they divorced, I was too young to really understand much about what was going on, and by the time I was older, I was worried more about having fun than what my parents' relationship was like. Honestly, I can't say I'd be very affected if it had happened when I was your age, but it's a different situation between the two of us.
By now, reality should be pretty familiar and you know that sometimes it's best for people to just call it quits when they can't make any headway in learning how to deal with one another, but I think the "idea" of them no longer being together is more painful than the actual effect, at your age.

The worst part is simply the fighting that leads up to such a decision. It's not something you can tune out.