Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!: Proto-Punk and Art Rock In the Land of Drew Carey - Part I

Since I enjoyed the no wave doohickey so much I've decided to do another series. So, back in the days of the first wave of CBGB's bands and when the London punk scene was just getting started there was a group of bands using much the same playbook as them in Cleveland. Unfortunately they didn't have a pub circuit or a dedicated venue like CBGB's to get more notice so most of these bands faded into obscurity. For no apparent reason I have decided to chizeck this shiznit out. Here we go...

Tin Huey: Tin Huey EP

This is the band that made me wanna do this. I have no idea why. I remember listening to their debut EP a while back and thinking that it was dull, pretentious crap. Then the other day I just had a random urge to give them another try. Here's hoping they suck less this time around...

Moderator cut: image removed

Aw crap. Goofy vocals and self consciously silly music that sounds like art school students without any quality control. This is gonna suck. I don't really know how to describe them. Sorta jazzy at times. Sorta proggy at times, although I know fuck all about prog rock so ignore that if I'm full of shit. It does give me that silly, overblown vibe that some prog does though. I guess it's kinda poppy too, but it sounds too random to really be catchy. None of these songs really sound all that much alike either. It all sounds like unfocused, experimental what-the-fuck-ness. Sounds like this band wasn't really ready to record yet. I'd try to understand this better, but I'm bored out of my skull and don't wanna.

Spoiler for Click or don't click. I couldn't give less of a ****.:
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote