Music Banter - View Single Post - Guilty Pleasures...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #583 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Where I'm forced to listen to the radio on the way to work or silence, I've realized I have some embarrassing songs that I feel compelled to blast when they come on. For the record, my radio station of choice plays a mix of adult contemporary, 70s-00s hits, and modern hits. It basically goes: Older song, current hit, older song, current hit...that's seriously how their normal mix goes. BUT. Anyway.

Some which I've realized were embarrassing when I was blasting them and other drivers / people who heard my radio as I pulled into work gave me judging looks for as I sang along to and blasted:

Madonna - Like A Prayer

Donna Summer - MacArthur Park

(Actually, I don't feel guilty at all about this one. It just doesn't help my street cred when I'm singing along with it with full intensity and dedication in my car. And it does get REALLY disco REALLY fast.)

Steve Perry - Oh Sherry

Rod Stewart - Maggie May

(I guess I don't feel too especially about this one, really. My mother is a die-hard Rod Stewart fan, and I grew up with this. Also, I have a basset hound named Maggie May, inspired by this same song. But seriously. Blare this and sing along with it in your car, and still how cool you look. The answer is not very.)

P!NK feat. Nate Ruess (fun.) - Just Give Me a Reason

One Direction - More Than This

This may be the most humiliating overall. More humilating still; I can play and sing this on guitar without chords or lyrics in front of me. And in the car, if this one comes on, I do the popstar/boyband fist thing as I sing it. If you've ever watched a boyband perform, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote