Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #22530 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I wasn't going to say anything. In fact I moved off the subforum but then it played on my mind and I thought I had to say something.

DJ. it's not just a joke about a typo. When you consider the fragile state of mind or heart the three of them may have been in (US says it didn't upset him; fair enough but that does not excuse it) it's a badly-chosen moment to make any flippant remark. I know if I came on here and said for instance I or someone I knew had cancer, AIDS or anything I would not expect a smart comment that made light of the message being posted.

I don't agree that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill: I think it was an incredibly insensitive thing to do, given the tone of the post, and I personally if it were me I would be insulted. If no-one is then that's fine, but my opinion of Freebase just took a serious dive.

There's a time and place for joshing and scoring points off people; when they announce serious, possibly life-changing/threatening news is not, to my mind, that time.