Music Banter - View Single Post - Cover songs you think are better than the original
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #515 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Guns N' Roses- Knocking On Heaven's Door
Will To Power- Baby I Love Your Way

OK, I try and I really mean try to not tell another human being they have atrocious taste in music. I really do. So please don't take this personally. I came into this thread because this version of "Knocking On Heaven's Door" by the dying Warren Zevon (it was recorded shortly before his death) that I'd just posted to the "Goosebumps" thread belongs in this thread as well...

Then, I couldn't help but notice that the G&R version, the version I call "Bark Bark Barking Up Heaven's Door", was going to be listed immediately before my post. OK, well, I guess I'll learn to live with that.

However, my pick for the worst song, the worst cover song, the worst medley, the worst cover song medley, the worst MTV/VH1 video ever made, the least interesting MILF-y woman prancing around and posing on camera in her underwear, the worst mullet-sporting talentless boyfriend who wants to shoehorn his place in the video and song, and most ridiculously silly ever Nietzsche-referenced "band" name, would UNHESITATINGLY be Will to Power's horrifying version of BILYW. Yikes. Up until now I've never heard of anyone actually liking this. I won't put the YouTube of it in the same post as the heart-wrenching Zevon cover, if anyone has 4-5 minutes of their life they don't want to ever get back, search for it on YouTube. But don't blame me, I tried to warn you.

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 03-22-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote