Music Banter - View Single Post - The Right Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I used to often wonder why so many 70s bands made such awful albums in the 80s.

Then later when I would read about these bands I found out the reason for these awful albums was because of drugs, booze, bands hating each other, bands not bothered any more, bands running out of ideas, different band members recording in different continents, endless line up changes and so on and so on and so on
Drugs and booze were inspiration for bands during the 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
My point here is not that people can't listen to music. The point is that people will often make it seem or sound like they've heard more of an artist than they have. Do you disagree?

And when they do, they need an opinion about that music which they've not really sat down and listened to.
It annoys me when a lot (#) of newbies are on the boards at the same time. Most all of us have been long time members of music forums. And have already heard and repeated ourselves concerning the genology, genres, bands/artist, statistics, media, critics, etc, at least a million times or more already. I enjoy helping new members that are willing to listen and not so close minded, or too overbearing with their attitude.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote