Music Banter - View Single Post - The Right Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I wouldn't say they hit rock bottom during that time. I've never heard anything to suggest that the recording of Get Your Wings was problematic before but I'm willing to accept if you know different.

It's not like it was any great secret they were constantly loaded though the 70s, they didn't get the nickname the Toxic Twins for nothing. But I would say they definitely had more problems in the early 80s than they did in the mid 70s. Both Perry and Tyler have said the reason they split back then was all down to how much drugs they were snorting.

I have a bootleg of a gig from the Rock In a Hard Place tour in 1983 when Tyler was in his worst state. He's constantly stopping & starting songs at random to babble incoherently at the audience, forgetting lyrics, hopelessly out of tune and then after 7 or 8 'songs' or attempts at songs says to the audience 'thank you and goodnight' leaving the crowd chanting 'Bullshit', 'Fuck You' and 'I want my money back'

I don't think it's a coincidence that the following year both he & Perry cleaned up, got back together and began to become a big act again.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote