Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #19225 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

A LONG list of used finds today. The most important find was The Clash's Sandinista! three-LP set: The way it was meant to be heard. For some reason, as a car tape it was not to be for me as it was more at an At Home experience, on vinyl (The Cassette sound seriously suppressed the effect). It was with the lyric poster, too!

Midnight Oil - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Ian Hunter - Short Back 'n' Sides (Co-Produced by Mick Ronson and Mick Jones)
The Pretenders - Get Close
The Babys - On the Edge (produced by Ex-Music Machine member turned superstar Produced Keith Olsen)
John Waite - Ignition
The Tubes - The Completion Backwards Principle
Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes (Worn but intact cover, LPs at least in playable condition...it was for $1!)
Three Dog Night - Seven Separate Fools (With the 7 Three Dog Night photo "cards" originally part of the package!)
Starz - S/T (Another Rock Steady Production that was not Kiss)
Jason and the Scortchers - Lost and Found
Lone Justice - S/T
Textones - Midnight Mission
Steve Forbert - Jackrabbit Slim and S/T (Those in The US might remember "Romeo's Tune")
Jackson Browne - Hold Out

OK, the rest is for those who know my interest in cheap finds of albums that would normally would not find my way into my collection. Curiosity got the better of me for one reason or another for these albums. Some include very nice surprises or memories of a long time back I felt like revisiting. Others have links to parts of music history that would be normally be found in the file marked "They had to start somewhere" or "Sometimes the greats have to fall down".

Bee Gees - Mr. Natural (cut-out, but in good playing condition!)
A Flock of Seagulls - Listen (Mainly for "Wishing"...and it was dirt cheap)
Blackfoot - Tomcattin'
Night - S/T (A lame attempt by great musicians including Nicky Hopkins to do LA Pop)
Touch - S/T (Produced by Tim Friese-Greene who would go on to Produce far superior bands)
Elton John - The Fox
Hall and Oats - Big Bam Boom (Hey, "Out of Touch" is on it, and it was ultra cheap!)
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote