Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metallica Paradox.
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
We have to agree to disagree, as I've usually found metal fans to be quite universal in their tastes.
You've gotta be kidding. Here we're talking about a whole lot of Metallica fans who can't stand an album that other Metallica fans love. One bunch can't agree if it's a masterpiece or if it's garbage. That certainly isn't a universal metal agreeance, now is it? This proves the point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
When a band does extended tracks they usually need to be adept at song craft and be able to fill out the song with quality, or be adept at knowing how to jam in an interesting way. I don't think Metallica were particuarly great at either of these two styles, but then again metal groups aren't expected to be great in these areas.
Here we go again. But now we are picking on an album that most thrashers claim to be the last really good album by my favorite band. I once told my dad to listen to ...And Justice for All. He doesn't get this kind of music, but I told him to just listen. I told him that if he listened carefully he might see the complexities in the music. But I don't think that any of the songs on the album should be any shorter. It's like the Dark Knight; I wouldn't wish either to be any shorter, they'd lose something that would just ruin it for me. But I doubt that it would ruin it for him

I was kind of asking for it with the Black Album, I guess. Teasing a metal head that I knew didn't agree with me. But don't mess with ...And Justice!
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote