Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #22553 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
My therapist thinks, with alleged 95% certainty, that I'm paranoid schizophrenic. I have to see a legitimate psychiatrist ASAP, because my "psychosis" extends "above and beyond the time frames and likelihood of Bipolar Disorder or Schizoaffective disorder."

Wonderful.

EDIT:
The significance to this is that I was seeing a therapist to cope with my "bipolar" episodes, was not considered a danger to myself or to anybody else, so had decided to avoid medication because the side effects I'd experienced on medication were negative.

If I go to a psychiatrist, I will have to take medication, and God knows what effect that's going to have on me.

I'm mostly concerned this is going to affect my employment status/employability. I'm not allowing myself to get admitted to any psychiatric institution for being stabilized, because that's ****ing bull****, and I can't afford to miss work.
As long as your supposed "Paranoid Schizophrenia" doesn't impede into your everyday life, I would just blow it off. You know yourself better than anyone else does. Once they put you on SSRI's your brain will be changed PERMANENTLY. If you ever miss a dose or go a long while without your meds, you will be 10X worse off than what you supposedly are now. Doctors get kickbacks from shilling out meds like they're candy. Honestly, I would try a more homeopathic and personal approach rather than letting Big Pharm get you hooked for life. Also, once a doctor puts a label of "Paranoid Schizophrenic" on you, you will become a second-level citizen, and you will see you personal freedoms and right be stripped and taken away from you. I seriously implore you to disregard your therapist's recommendation and do some extremely thorough research for yourself into your symptoms and natural ways to get your mind back where it needs to be. I am more than willing to help you out as much as I can brother, because these drugs are horrible that they put you on. The side effects are often worse than the conditions for which the drug is supposed to treat. PM me is you would like to talk about it. But PLEASE, DO NOT go to another doctor and get labeled and drugged. There are better option, I assure you.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote