Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #13059 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I've been away from the computer for a while but I've been watching things...

Shame

This is not a date movie. Well, I guess it could be depending on who you're dating but most likely it isn't. It is a very real look into the world of sex addiction and it was shot beautifully by Steve McQueen and epically acted by Michael Fassbender. Seriously...he's that good. It's a heavy movie that earned its NC-17 rating but it's an important movie that should be seen.

4.5/5

Crazy Heart

Fantastic performance from Mr Bridges and an eye opening performance from Maggie Gyllenhal (sp?). I always thought she was kind of overrated but she's was very good in this and the music was also fantastic. Bridges deserved his Oscar for this one.

3.5/5

Sound of My Voice

Very interesting movie about a couple doing a documentary on cults who decide the best way to get information is to join. Brit Marling is going to be something pretty huge because the two movies she's starred in and help write have been pretty original and great. The acting in this was spotty at times but had moments of sincerity and should definitely be checked out for being a new kind of slow burn suspense film.

3.5/5

Very
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote