Music Banter - View Single Post - Gypsy Music (Manele/Chalga)
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Quote:
Manele and chalga are new words to me, misspoptart, so thanks for introducing me to them. The music clips were fun; I listened to them this morning while I was getting dressed for work. That´s about the sexiest thing that happens in my house these days ! Are all Romanian songs about love, sex and beautiful dancing girls? - because that´s how it looks in the Romanian House thread too.
Hahaha this made me laugh out loud. I'm glad manele added a bit of risque to your normal routine. Yeah, I just turned on the translations for 4 zile 4 nopte (one of the songs I posted above), and proceeded to laugh harder, the song lyrics are just too funny. "After you can't take it anymore I'll take you to a doctor," etc. Yeah, not all Romanian songs are like this of course, because there are also little kids involved in the music scene over there. But you'd be hard pressed to find some Romanian music that doesn't have beautiful dancing girls.

Quote:
Oddly enough, your first clip reminded me immediately of a song by Amr Diab. Although he is from Iraq, this clip also features a dancing girl, so maybe it´s not too irrelevant to post here. Do you notice a similarity, or am I just imagining it ?
There is definitely a similarity in terms of their voices. It is said that gypsy people originally emigrated from the Middle East/India, so of course there's some influences in their music. Thanks for posting that clip, I liked it!
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote