Music Banter - View Single Post - Supreme Court to rule on Prop 8
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post

Bring Me the Horizon called. They want their vocalist back.
Yeah, but I'm not exactly sure where in the Bible it says that marriage CANNOT be between two men or two women. I know the statement in his notepad implies that Christianity doesn't support gay marriage, but the Bible doesn't actually explicitly state that it's prohibited.

Also, these religious nuts need to understand the concept that the Church is separated from the State. If the CHURCH ruled the USA (as in, a total theocracy), sure, it would be a completely different story. But since the government is completely secular and should not be affiliated with any particular religion (or side with one), then who can legally marry whom is their call, not the church's call. I think they are afraid that their moral beliefs will be eradicated or that they will not be allowed to have them, but that's not true.

Same-sex marriage is legal in Canada and has been for awhile, and guess what? We haven't gone to shit. So I'm not really sure what right wing Americans are afraid of here. The planet's not going to explode if this law is passed.

The guy can't even spell WOMAN ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
lawl, mojo this doesn't reflect well on you
I think he's being objective here. But your statement could mean that if he supports the content of the articles, that it doesn't reflect well on him, or, if he doesn't support the articles, that reflects poorly on him as well.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote