Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #22614 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Today, I found out I made the FINAL FOUR in the bracket challenge at work! YEAH! I'm the hella Cinderella, too. In the final four are two 1 seeds, a 3 seed, and me, a 20 seed (I had some questionable QA scores when they were ranking us.)

Anyway, the winner wins CASH. And a fairly decent sum. According to the gentleman who won last year, they MATCHED his paycheck. Holy ****.

Aside from that, I said something VERY inadvertently racist. A guy I work with (who is Asian; Japanese, to be precise) was leaving at the same time as me, and I opened the first door for him, then kept walking down the hallway, checking my phone to see if my mom had called. I made it to the second door, and couldn't hear him so I thought he'd turned off down the hallway behind me and gone to the restroom. I almost let the second door close in his face, then saw him in my peripheral vision, and caught it.

I said, "Dude, I didn't even hear you! I thought you went down the other hallway! You're like a ninja!"

Then, he looked at me weird, and I was horrified at myself. I was like, "No, not because...I just mean you're super silent...uh...yeah."

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote