Music Banter - View Single Post - Supreme Court to rule on Prop 8
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I would consider being picketed by the cowardly Westboro Baptist Church a badge on honor. In fact I do. I participated in the 2011 "Slutwalk Seattle" and they were there, although as you can see in this image they had their pathetic asses figuratively kicked in by several *good-hearted* Christians who supported the march

Haha, yeah, you'd think so. I hadn't come out to my family yet at the time, though, and had intended to use opening night as that time. I had everything planned. The words, the effect...everything. Then Fred Phelps jumped in, caused a scene, got called a "****ing c unt" by me, I was 18/19 years old, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Seeing people that against it scared me.

My parents had never mentioned their thoughts either way, but I immediately feared they were leaning towards Fred Phelps. So, my coming out came some time later, in the form of a letter, left on my mom's windshield before she went to work.

And that wasn't my first encounter with Mr. Phelps; Boyd County High School - I reside in Boyd County - started a 'gay straight alliance' some years back, and we actually got out of school, even though it wasn't our district, to either protest or allow 'traffic to slow down.'

I chose to protest.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote