Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal/rock bands you just cant seem to like
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
At last! Someone mentioning a band that may cause some controversy instead of the usual suspects mentioned (Muse, Green Day etc).

I don't like:

Led Zeppelin
The Who
Deep Purple

They have all made some great tracks and the tracks I like are damn good but I don't listen to them much and they have all put out a lot of mediocre songs and don't go posting a ton of vids to try and change my mind. At my age I really don't think my opinion will change and why should it?

Well I'm 55 and every great so often I still change my mind. I can't say that's why you should because we're all our own people, but that's my personal take on it. I changed my mind for example on Radiohead at age 47 or so, for years I didn't get it and then it just suddenly clicked for me.

One thing I will agree with is that no one should ever just like something because a bunch of rock critics tell you that you need to like this 'n that to be cool. F*ck that. Fer'instance I just despise Coldplay. If someone does like 'em I won't tell them they're wrong but I just flat out don't get those guys at all. Maybe someday I will *shrug*

But if I ever do it'll be something that clicks inside me

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 03-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote