Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #912 (permalink)
dust1n
Groupie

Not surprising to see a lot of conversation here. I remember hearing Taylor a few years ago. I really dug some of the songs, but some of the others I didn't really feel. Goblin had a couple good ones, but overall, the album's theme is so... I don't know... self-absorbed, I guess? There just isn't really much substance there. It's just kinda of a kid livin' out the ol' cowboy/rapper persona. The newer stuff I see is just even less interesting to me; I haven't really bothered to explore it further.

I always thought the Earl album was cooler than the others. Granted it's all kind of a teenage boy angsty thing, at least Earl could really take it there and not half linger in two lyrical worlds, and he could slow really real, and his lyrics were creative for they were going for. His never stuff though isn't really that appealing to me. It's much more esoteric and just kind of sporadic.

I always thought Leftbrain made cool beats.

MellowHype and Hodgy Beats are pretty weak.

Domo Genesis and Mike G were a little on the cooler side. Much smoother stuff. Notably different styles from the group, which is a little nice.

"You think that maybe it's over. Only if you want it to be." - Micheal McDonald/Kenny Loggins
dust1n is offline   Reply With Quote