Music Banter - View Single Post - Beyonce Knowles
Thread: Beyonce Knowles
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #117 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
What does her attractiveness have to do with how well she performed?

Personally I thought her halftime show was boring and thought Madonna did a much better job last year. I am not a huge Madonna fan but she did alot of innovative and creative things with her performance and had alot of different things going on. I also agree Beyonces performance was to overly explicit and the NFL even received complaints.

I wouldnt define what Beyonce does as "dancing".

Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Paul Abdul, Bobby Brown etc dances. All Beyonce does is toss her weave and shake her ass and if you think thats real talent than you honestly dont know what talent is.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not act like Beyonceis God here lol

Beyonces halftime show actually received very low ratings and you can even google it.

Madonna still has the best viewership of a half time show of all time and I believe Michael Jackson is not too far behind her.

Its funny how this same country that bashed Janet Jackson for a barely noticable boob in 2004 finds no issue with a more sexually charged 2013 Superbowl performance. America is very hyprocritical LOL

The thing about Beyonce is, she can sing and is a descent performer (at times) but she is not a real artist. She does not write, produce or contribute in anyway in her music process or songs. She also has a very weak forgettable catalogue. To me she is not a "artist" she is just a media star that has a million dollar backing and marketing machine. There are much better singers and artists.
I just read what you said here and honestly I think it's all bull**** and doesn't deserve a long response.
I know what talent is, she's an amazing singer, you don't know what you're talking about.
When I look up the "ratings," I see that it fell short of Madonna's ratings but not that they were horribly low.

I hate to bring up the "your opinion vs mine" argument but simply because you dislike or do not respect an artist, they do not automatically become poor artists. Many people love her, many people listen to her, and she has a huge following. She doesn't write her own songs but she has co-written some other songs as well as put a lot of work into performances.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote