Music Banter - View Single Post - Beyonce Knowles
Thread: Beyonce Knowles
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #118 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I just read what you said here and honestly I think it's all bull**** and doesn't deserve a long response.
I know what talent is, she's an amazing singer, you don't know what you're talking about.
When I look up the "ratings," I see that it fell short of Madonna's ratings but not that they were horribly low.

I hate to bring up the "your opinion vs mine" argument but simply because you dislike or do not respect an artist, they do not automatically become poor artists. Many people love her, many people listen to her, and she has a huge following. She doesn't write her own songs but she has co-written some other songs as well as put a lot of work into performances.
Well I think it did warrant a long response since you attacked another poster who seemed rational and mature in their response. You attacked them because you did not agree with them whether my response is long or short its MY opinion and I am entitled to have. Just because you like Beyonce does not give you the right to dictate other peoples posts or opinions on her.

Everybody does not have to like Beyonce or is required to. Her halftime ratings was low and actually 5 million people tuned out in the middle of the performance which is contrary to what the media was saying the next day. U2, Madonna and Michael Jackson had higher halftime ratings so contrary to what the media was saying her halftime was very low.

I dont even consider Beyonce an "artist". She is a media star with a corporate backing. She doesnt write or produce any of her songs and she steals songwriting credits. I also dont think she is as good of a performer as people make her out to be. She takes alot of Tina Turner stage persona, is not creative, does overly sexual movements (which is not dancing) and screams alot. She comes out with some of the most generic immature weak pop songs ever. Her popularity is mostly due to image and marketing. There are also alot of people that feel the same way as I do.

Adele, Chrisette Michelle, Jennifer Hudson, Melanie Fionna, Amy Whinehouse are better singers just to name a few

If you like her thats cool, I am not trying to change your opinion. I just thought it was rude and uncalled for how you bashed the other poster just because you disagreed with their opinion
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote