Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #1343 (permalink)
kiteman
Groupie

Default Band suggestions for someone who likes...

Stereomud (a band from about a decade ago)
Dark New Day
Karnivool (Australian band, badass)
Veer Union
Stone Sour
Nonpoint

I know that's kind of a random mix of bands, but I like heavy and I like melodic too. And I like good vocals, but don't mind a little screaming as long as it isn't over the top. There are a ton of other bands I like, but I thought these might give you a decent idea of the range of stuff I like when it comes to rock/heavy.

I am sick of Pandora and Last.fm always recommending Seether, 3 Days Grace, Staind, and Breaking Benjamin all the time to me. I've heard nearly every mainstream band and nothing has really piqued my interest as it all sounds the same (although I do like Breaking Benjamin for the most part).

As for the "heavy" definition, people recommend FFDP a lot, but I don't think their singer is any good and I can't get into them. I can go as heavy as Times of Grace, though they walk a very thin line (and do it well) with the really high pitched screaming that I usually just think sounds silly. Better screaming to me is like Slipknot or the song "From the Outside" by All That Remains (though most of their other stuff is crappy).

Anything come to mind to anyone that I might like? Hope this is the right forum for this.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote