Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #1756 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I find that the more experienced you become writing journal entries, the word count tends to shoot up. I do mine by lines and it's a normally a maximum of 25-30 lines per section (overview and verdict) when I first started I was doing a lot less than that.

The rule is not stupid, otherwise these journal entries would have more waffle than they should.
I guess it all depends on your style of writing. I've never been that disciplined as a writer: I always tend to "run off at the mouth" so to speak, but I do check my entries back and if there's anything unnecessary --- waffle, as you say --- I cut it out. Nevertheless, I usually have a lot to put into my entries and they do often exceed the max count: it's just annoying when that happens.

I guess most people's posts would be well within the limit and I'm probably one of the exceptions, but I still like to write as much as I want, as much as I feel the topic requires. Admittedly, it's usually the larger sections on which I overrun the character count, hardly ever if at all on album reviews or anything like that.

I do hate it though when I go to post and I get that "exceeds character count please reduce" note...