Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical synesthesia
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
Before we begin, for anyone who has never heard of (or seen the word) synesthesia:

Wikipedia:

This spans a number of different senses, and a number of different combination of sensory crossovers, etc. However, I have noticed that my mind seems to combine (all attributes of) music with colors, temperatures, time (of day) and even seasons.

For instance, certain tones in music are associated with certain colors. Which are then, in turn, associated with the weather (and the visual tones of this weather - for instance, sunny = yellow/orange/similar hues).

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Do you have specific "night" songs? Or specific albums you prefer in the summer?

You can also check out this handy list of famous synesthetes if you have time.
Yup...That is the whole reason I started up art. I thought it was normal, started a thread about it on a forum asking people what colours they saw when they heard certain songs, and they said I had synesthesia. Anyways, I started drawing what I saw and now I have been painting for around two years. My art page is linked in my sig if you're curious. It also sometimes happens with taste and especially smell.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote